While rare, packages can get delivered to the wrong address or misplaced. We’ve found that the following things have caused lost orders (we’ve been at this for over 20 years!):
- First, be patient with the USPS. Unfortunately, their delivery times are not consistent. If you ordered via USPS First Class mail or Priority mail, it can sometimes take a week to 10 days to receive a package!
- Severe weather conditions in trucking routes will delay the shippers (USPS, FedEx, UPS).
- Heavy shipping volumes the week before and after Christmas can also delay ground shipping.
- Check your receipt and look for typos in your original order. Is your shipping address and zip code correct? If not, you will not receive the replacement package either! Call us to correct your address.
- Next, verify that someone else in the household or a neighbor hasn’t received your package.
- Verify that the dog hasn’t taken the package to his favorite hiding place (this has happened!)
Note that it will take time to send you another package, so it is faster if we locate the original package due to one of the above.